The NFTN was born out of the initial concept of a National Casting Technology Centre. The DTI approved the concept towards the end of 2007, providing funding of for the establishment of the NFTN.
The NFTN will facilitate or initiate projects that will deliver the following outcomes:
- The provision of appropriate training (Skills and Professional) through the provision of a formal foundry career path
- Product and process improvement interventions
- Appropriate foundry technology innovation and transfer
- SMME/BEE development and promotion
- Information dissemination and technology diffusion
All services will be offered through existing service providers, The NFTN will provide the following services:
- Funding projects
- Coordinating projects as part of a programme
- Initiate projects/themes
- Project management programmes
- Provide access to national and international service providers
- Dissemination and diffusion of information and technologies
The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) has established the National Foundry Technology Network (NFTN) as a key foundry industry support initiative.
The aim of the network is to facilitate the development of a globally competitive South African foundry industry through appropriate skills training, technology transfer, and diffusion of state-of-the-art technologies.
We are members of World Foundry Organisation