NFTN is the culmination of a significant government and industry association-led effort to develop a globally competitive South African foundry industry through appropriate skills training, technology transfer, and diffusion of state-of-the-art technologies. Its main outcome is to reduce import leakage, increase investments in key manufacturing processes and activities, employment and exportability.
The NFTN will facilitate development of a globally competitive South African Foundry industry through appropriate skills training, technology transfer, and diffusion of state of the art technologies.
The goal of the NFTN has been and remains to increase the global competitiveness of the South African foundry industry through the provision of appropriate services, in order to reduce import leakage, increase local production, and increase investment in the sector.
The key objectives of the NFTN
- providing coordination within the foundry industry
- supporting dissemination of information to both public and private sector
- mobilisation of stakeholders around common initiatives
- diagnosis of key challenges and performance criteria on both foundry and systems level (foundry industry as a whole)
- leveraging and linking public sector resources towards the improvement of individual foundries as well as the foundry industry at large
- ensuring close collaboration between the public and private sector